- ONE reports $192 million loss in second quarter
Japanese carrier expects $600 million loss in fiscal year ending March 31, 2019, as liftings disappoint, especially on backhaul legs.
- C.H. Robinson’s net income jumps by over 46 percent
The Eden Prairie, Minn.-based third-party logistics provider reports growth across all transportation service lines.
- ITC weighs testimony in aluminum AD/CVD case
Domestic injury by imports of common alloy aluminum sheet from China considered in the first antidumping/countervailing duty case self-initiated by Commerce in 25 years.
- Matson starts U.S.-flag service to Marshall Islands
Transshipping through Honolulu rather than Guam will reduce transit time from U.S. mainland by about a week.
- CMA CGM finalizes purchase of Containerships
The European Commission authorized the acquisition of the Finnish container transportation and logistics company.
- WiseTech Global acquires third company this month
Stockholm-headquartered CargoIT added to growing worldwide portfolio.
- G&W’s year-over-year earnings up 35.5 percent
Fourth-quarter results are expected to be negatively impacted by a hurricane in the U.S., coal shipment delays in Australia and a locomotive driver shortage in the U.K.
- JAXPORT sets volume record for third straight year
The Florida port moved nearly 1.3 TEUs in FY18; Puerto Rican business grew 37 percent.
- ILWU certifies election of Adams as president
There were nine challenges to the results in the first contested election in 18 years.
- Commercial driver’s license fraud nets prison time
California man is sentenced to two years behind bars after pleading guilty to conspiracy to commit bribery.
- Executive Moves: Ports tap leaders
Sam Ruda becomes the interim director for the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey; Clark Robertson joins the Port of Corpus Christi as chief operating officer.
- Global Ship Lease and Poseidon Containers merging
Combined companies will have a fleet of 38 ships.